Upgrade your wallabag installation
You will find here different ways to upgrade your wallabag:
But first, ensure you have
composer installed on your server (or at least the
composer.phar binary in the root directory of wallabag). If not, please install it.
Upgrading from 2.3.x to 2.4.x
Same steps as for upgrading from 2.2.x to 2.3.x.
Upgrading from 2.3.x to 2.3.y
If you got an error with
Not a git repository, it means you didn't install wallabag using git but rather using an archive. Follow steps for the shared hosting then.
Upgrading from 2.2.x to 2.3.x
Upgrade on a dedicated web server
Upgrade on a shared hosting
- Backup your
Download the last release of wallabag:
wget https://wllbg.org/latest-v2-package && tar xvf latest-v2-package
You will find the md5 hash of the latest package on our website.
Extract the archive in your wallabag folder and replace
- Please check that your
app/config/parameters.ymlcontains all the required parameters. You can find here a documentation about parameters.
- If you use SQLite, you must also copy your
data/folder inside the new installation.
- You must run some SQL queries to upgrade your database. We assume that the table prefix is
wallabag_. Don't forget to backup your database before migrating.
- You may encounter issues with indexes names: if so, please change queries with the correct index name.
- You can find all the queries here.
Upgrading from 2.x.y to 2.3.x
If your wallabag instance is < 2.2.0, there is no automatic script. You need to:
- export your data
- install wallabag 2.3.x (read the installation documentation)
- import data in this fresh installation (read the import documentation )
From wallabag 1.x
There is no automatic script to update from wallabag 1.x to wallabag 2.x. You need to: